Accounting Controller APPLY BELOW
We’re seeking an experienced accountant to oversee this team in the controller role-a newly created position due to growth. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as an accountant, preferably in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. You will produce thorough financial-status reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
Objectives of this Role
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points.
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to the current economic landscape.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines.
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action.
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the needs of private contributions, loans, and government contracts.
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions and monthly financial reporting.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review journal entries and reconciliations of staff.
- Process improvement minded.
- Drive period and year-end close/meet commitment dates.
- Drive timely, complete recon prep, and review.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs, and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize the protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Oversee and support the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field.
- 10+ years of proven accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP).
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes.
- 3+ years experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager.
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis.
- Proven payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes.
- International accounting is a plus.
- Exemplary history of financial project management.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting.
|||1025 Cobb International Drive, Suite 210 Kennesaw, Georgia US 30152|||Accounting||||||7ZstF56Wb0QKH6JN|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false