The JRC703 and the JRC705 are equipped with a new generation SOC chipset named "Trigger VI". The JRC703 and the JRC705 are an RDP base of zero clients that permanently contain system software for booting the operating system from the network. Applications also come from the server. This is defined as an "RDP Client". RDP clients are similar to a regular thin client, but there is no local storage or WOL (Wake On LAN). This means that these RDP clients provide a VDI/RDP server-based computing model where the end user’s computing device has no local storage.
The server, which hosts the client’s OS and software applications, can be accessed via Wi-Fi™ or Ethernet networking. RDP Clients are used in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment.
Enjoy a better operating experience with the following benefits:
- • Power usage can be as low as 1⁄50 of heavy client requirements
- • Devices require less power than PC or thin clients
- • Low cost, reliable solid-state hardware
- • Ideal for classrooms, offices, call centers, kiosks, computer labs, and home offices as well as SMB and government
- • Efficient and secure means of delivering applications to end users
- • Ethernet connection to the host server without distance limitations
- • High security standard and easy to deploy, as well as simplified administration
- • In a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment, administrators can reduce the number of physical PCs or blades and run multiple virtual PCs on server class hardware
- • No need to install device drivers
- • The JRC703/JRC705 RDP Clients are designed specifically for the Windows® VDI based solution
- • Lower power consumption than other thin client solutions. Average of 95% power reduction compared to a conventional PC workstation.
- • No need to install device drivers on the host server
- • RemoteFX hardware decoder
- • H.264 hardware decoder (Windows® Media Player)
- • Full compliance with USB™ Spec Rev 1.1 & 2.0 / RDP or RemoteFX USB™ redirection
- • 4x high-speed USB™ 2.0 ports for keyboard, mouse, and USB™ peripherals
- • Compatible with 10/100/1000 Gigabit Base-T Ethernet network environment
- • Ethernet connections (LAN or WAN) to the host server with distance free capabilities
- • Simple plug-and-play setup
- • Designed for Microsoft® Remote Desktop Protocol
- • Simplified administration